- Linked In
- artist site: https://sbaranszky.com/
- art therapy site: https://soleilarttherapy.com/
Susy Baranszky-Job grew up on the west side of Vancouver, British Columbia. She now creates and lives in the coastal village of Ladner, BC. She has been professionally making art forever and ever, teaching visual art for over twenty nine years, is presently leading a fine and performing arts department at an independent university preparatory school and is a professional certified art therapist. Her art has been sold through private and public galleries, commercial retail stores, art cooperatives and by commission.
- Advanced Diploma in Art Therapy: 2018 Vancouver Art Therapy Institute
- Masters of Education: 2012 Arts Education, Simon Fraser University
- Bachelor of Education: 2002-visual art major, University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Studio Art: 2000-studio art major, University of British Columbia
- Diploma of Fine Art; 1986-Fine Arts major-Langara College
♦Self Employed Art Therapist at Soleil Art Therapy: https://soleilarttherapy.com/
♦Visual Artist self employed at Messy Mind Studio– 2D and 3D works: https://sbaranszky.com/
♦Visual Art Teacher and Curriculum Leader-visual art, media and drama-Southridge School, Vancouver, BC – 2003 to present : https://www.southridge.ca/
- Developing and supporting the senior school in it’s mission and vision, particularly in and for the Arts department. (visual art, media, drama)
- Helping in the hiring of, and supporting of the members of the Arts department.
- The development and support of the Senior School Education Program.
- Serve on several committees that support the school and the Arts.
♦Visual Art Teacher-Southridge School-Vancouver, bc- -Senior School visual art, Grades 8-12- September 2002 to present
- Directing and implementing vision and mission for a visual art program, Grades 8-12
- visual art teacher, English teacher – School district 20, British Columbia
- Taught visual art, English and personal planning – Grades 8-12
Leadership, Collaboration and Accomplishments
Curriculum Leader: Arts–Southridge School, Surrey, BC.- a leadership role in developing and supporting the Arts vision and mission in University Preparatory School in Surrey, BC.
- Mentor of new faculty – For Southridge School-have been assigned a mentor for a variety of new faculty to orient them to the school, the community and to help them meet the expectations of their new position at Southridge School
- Educational Innovator: example – For Southridge School-Designed and implemented a locally developed, BC Ministry of Education approved creative writing and visual art oversees four credit, Grade 11 course named Creative Expressions Abroad 11. This course has taken place in France.
- Service in Arts Education Innovator: example – For Southridge School-Created strong bonds and an on-going relationship with several charitable groups both in and outside of the curriculum, particularly with The Semiahmoo House Society –
- Extensive Committee Participation-served on a variety of Southridge School committees including: Restorative Action Committee, Excellence in Teaching Committee, Awards Committee, Senior School Educational Plan Core Committee, Extra Curricular Committee, Discussion Based Student Centered Facilitation Committee, Awards Committee, Restorative Action Committee member, several hiring committees
Award Winner: Recent artistic accomplishments – 1st place Award-Surrey Art Gallery, “Arts 2013” /2nd place Award-Canadian Federation of Artists “Small, Smaller, Smallest” 2014 / 2nd place Award-Canadian Federation of Artists “Canvas Unbound” / 2013, 3rd place Canadian Federation of Artists, Fauna And Folliage,2015
- Presented a variety topics to Canadian Association of Art Educators Annual Conference, BC Association of Art Teachers Annual Conference and the Canadian Independent of Schools Assistant Heads annual conference.
- Presented to senior school faculty a variety of topics, particularly in regards to how creativity manifests in the whole curriculum.
PREVIOUS PROFFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Gallery Co-Owner and Operator-Trail Creek Studios and Gallery/ Arts writer-West Kootenay Express newspaper / Museum Assistant-Boundary Museum and Interpretive Center
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Other: CANADIAN ART THERAPISTS ASSOCIATION-CANADIAN FEDERATION OF ARTISTS/ SOUTH DELTA ARTISTS GUILD / BC COLLEGE OF TEACHERS / CANADIAN SOCIETY OF EDUCATION THROUGH ART / CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS/ SEMIAHMOO HOUSE SOCIETY